[pacman-dev] do we need debug in alpm_depcmp?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:31:04 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 6:55 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> So in short- submit a patch for *one* feature at a time, and justfiy
> it in the commit message. Don't try to sneak things by. I do think
> this may be a valid complaint though.

Even better? How about something similar to:

#ifdef PACMAN_DEBUG
#    define DEBUG_LOG(...) _alpm_log(PM_LOG_DEBUG, __VA_ARGS__)
#else
#    define DEBUG_LOG(x)
#endif

Then just:
s/_alpm_log(PM_LOG_DEBUG,/DEBUG_LOG(/g

This way we could simply get rid of all debugging if we wanted to.
Then you have both a useful version for debugging, and a "snappy"
version that saves 1 or 2 seconds without having to output anything.