[pacman-dev] pacman-git releases

fancris3 fancris3 at aol.com
Fri Nov 23 02:17:06 EST 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:51:37 +0200, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see mainly two possible behaviors for "pacman -Ss" :
> 1) list everything
> 2) fail and print a help message asking for an argument
> I don't think the first one is problematic, but maybe he was expecting
> the
> second one.

yes,i expect the second because of pacman.pot :

#: src/pacman/pacman.c:562
msgid "no targets specified (use -h for help)\n"

> The "return 1" isn't skipped as it was pretented? That would be a bit
> odd.

here its PKGBUILD

pkgname=bsc-beta
pkgver=4.0.05
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Two panels file mamager"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://www.beesoft.org/bsc.html"
license="GPL"
depends=('qt4')
source=(http://www.beesoft.org/download/bsc_${pkgver}.beta_src.tar.bz2)
md5sums=()

build() {
   cd $startdir/src/bsc
   /usr/bin/qmake
   make PREFIX=/opt/bsc
   make PREFIX=$startdir/pkg/opt/bsc install || return 1
}

I thing its bad to hide a error by default,maybe its useful a options like
options=(emptypkg)