[pacman-dev] [GIT] The official pacman repository branch, master, updated. v3.0.0-626-g72f40b3

Dan McGee dan at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 25 20:43:07 EST 2007

This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script. It was
generated because a ref change was pushed to the repository containing
the project "The official pacman repository".

The branch, master has been updated
       via  72f40b3876263f7a8dcda1390026f43f599f8823 (commit)
       via  d683033d3ea79956faf8786f784ce2e271179892 (commit)
       via  11133da587ebc1c78478cfcd05d5e8298bd61b84 (commit)
       via  7d37d9278d0ab6eb46ec4689c8091780382cbb95 (commit)
      from  1e9a1a0292dbbf8039b8fb7536dbff2af28c7afb (commit)

Those revisions listed above that are new to this repository have
not appeared on any other notification email; so we list those
revisions in full, below.

- Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
commit 72f40b3876263f7a8dcda1390026f43f599f8823
Author: Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu>
Date:   Tue Nov 20 09:57:38 2007 +0100

    _alpm_checkconflicts split
    _alpm_innerconflicts: check for target<->target conflicts
    _alpm_outerconflicts: check for target<->localpkg conflicts
    This will be useful in sync.c clean-up and in testdb.c
    As an application the patch also fixes a misleading message (and a memleak)
    in add.c
    Signed-off-by: Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu>
    Signed-off-by: Chantry Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
    Signed-off-by: Dan McGee <dan at archlinux.org>

commit d683033d3ea79956faf8786f784ce2e271179892
Author: Chantry Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Nov 25 16:13:56 2007 -0600

    pacman/query.c : -Qo optimization.
    I didn't understand why realpath was called on every files of every filelist
    in query_fileowner :
    ppath = resolve_path(path);
    It turns out this is needed for the diverted files. For example, cddb_get
    installs /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/CDDB_get.pm which actually ends in
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/CDDB_get.pm .
    And for making pacman -Qo /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current/CDDB_get.pm ,
    realpath has to be called on both the target, and the file in the filelist.
    However, realpath is costly, and calling it on every single file resulted
    in a poor -Qo performance. Worst case :
    pacman -Qo /lib/libz.so.1  0.35s user 1.51s system 99% cpu 1.864 total
    So I did a little optimization to avoid calling realpath as much as
    possible: first compare the basename of each file.
    src/pacman/pacman -Qo /lib/libz.so.1  0.24s user 0.05s system 99% cpu 0.298
    Obviously, the difference will be even bigger at the first run (no fs
    cache), though it's quite scary on my system : 1.7s vs 40s previously.
    Signed-off-by: Chantry Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
    Signed-off-by: Dan McGee <dan at archlinux.org>

commit 11133da587ebc1c78478cfcd05d5e8298bd61b84
Author: Chantry Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Nov 25 16:13:30 2007 -0600

    Move mbasename from pacman.c to util.c
    This function can be useful in other places.
    Signed-off-by: Chantry Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
    Signed-off-by: Dan McGee <dan at archlinux.org>

commit 7d37d9278d0ab6eb46ec4689c8091780382cbb95
Author: Nagy Gabor <ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
Date:   Sun Aug 12 22:26:54 2007 +0200

    Fix for sync1003 and sync1004 pactests
    checkdeps and resolvedeps now take both a remove list and an install list as
    arguments, allowing dependencies to be calculated correctly.
    This broke the sync990 pactest, but this pactest used dependencies and
    provides in an unusual way, so it has been changed.
    Dan: the sync990 pactest was just plain wrong. It didn't satisfy the
    dependencies correctly, so should never have succeeded.
    Signed-off-by: Chantry Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
    [Dan: some variable renaming, clarification in commit message]
    Signed-off-by: Dan McGee <dan at archlinux.org>


Summary of changes:
 lib/libalpm/add.c        |   50 +++------
 lib/libalpm/alpm.h       |    4 +-
 lib/libalpm/conflict.c   |   29 ++++-
 lib/libalpm/conflict.h   |    2 +
 lib/libalpm/deps.c       |  285 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------------
 lib/libalpm/deps.h       |    4 +-
 lib/libalpm/remove.c     |    4 +-
 lib/libalpm/sync.c       |  100 +++++-----------
 pactest/tests/sync990.py |    7 +-
 src/pacman/pacman.c      |   22 ----
 src/pacman/query.c       |    8 ++
 src/pacman/util.c        |   22 ++++
 src/pacman/util.h        |    1 +
 src/util/testdb.c        |    2 +-
 14 files changed, 233 insertions(+), 307 deletions(-)

The official pacman repository

More information about the pacman-dev mailing list