[pacman-dev] more universal testdb -- bugs in our sync repos

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Fri Nov 30 14:28:02 EST 2007

Hi!

Imho that would be helpful if testdb were more flexible.

This may not be the proper ML (but I'm sure that reporting bugs is better than
being silent), but I made some tests on sync repos, and I found the following
inconsistencies in our sync dbs, mostly in community (I have only core, extra,
community "enabled"):

Unsatisfied dependencies:
-------------------------
firefox-i18n -> firefox-i18n=2.0.0.9
dfm -> xfree86
fvwm-themes-devel -> fvwm-devel
icomplete -> vim-devel
perl-xml-feed -> perl-datetime-format-mail -> perl-datetime>=0.1705
perl-xml-rss -> perl-datetime-format-mail -> perl-datetime>=0.1705
perl-datetime-format-strptime -> perl-datetime>=0.1402
portaudio_cpp -> portaudio

Strange dependency (cycle):
archboot->archboot

Some of them (like firefox-i18n) is not actual yet, but these things could be
tested by a clever app (a modified testdb for internal use) to avoid these bugs.

Bye, ngaba