[pacman-dev] command line arguments

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:05:05 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 02:53:26PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> It's always "a lot of work". C'est la vie.
>
> This is why Dan and I like to harp on people for patches. We're just
> two guys, and we both have full time jobs (ok, I now have a second job
> if you look at the main Arch page) and social lives.

Well, yes, it already seems you had way too much to deal with. But I was
wondering how harder it'll be with your new status.
Though, I was thinking that maybe things will not change too much. It's not
like Judd stopped working on Arch today. Afaik, he has been inactive for a
while now.
Anyway, it's nice to see you are up to handle this :)

Sometimes, I am wondering if it wouldn't be nicer to have a full time job for
working on OSS. I'm not sure how uncommon that is though.
And that's also totally off-topic :P

But about pacman, I agree the manpower seems quite limited. There should
probably be more contributors, but that would also mean more patches to
review, which is a time consuming task.
And Dan or you can't be easily replaced, since this requires skills and
experience on the project..