[pacman-dev] [arch-dev-public] GIT Daemon up on projects.archlinux.org

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 03:24:24 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 10:22:57PM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> For all out there that may not be aware, we now have a subdomain at
> http://projects.archlinux.org where we host some of our internal Arch
> projects. We have been moving a lot of our projects from other version
> control systems to GIT as of late, and currently have quite a bunch of
> these projects hosted, as you can see here:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/git/
>
> For those interested in helping out with these projects or just
> following along with the code, we now have a git daemon up and
> running. All of these projects can still be fetched over http if need
> be, but using the GIT native protocol is much more efficient.
>
> The following two examples should get you started on cloning one of
> our projects:
> (Over HTTP) git clone http://projects.archlinux.org/git/namcap.git namcap
> (Over GIT) git clone git://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git pacman
>
> Note the slight difference in URLs- for cloning over GIT, no /git
> directory is used. Happy git-cloning, and we'd really like to see some
> community participation with these projects if you have something to
> contribute! Patches always welcome on the mailing lists.
>
> -Dan

Is this why I can't get the last update on pacman git repo (using http) ?

I remember you warned me several times to enable the post-update hook when
using http.
"# An example hook script to prepare a packed repository for use over dumb transports."

Could it be what is missing there?

I switched to git protocol, and it worked fine. And I have no reason for
using http over git, so that's fine, but I was just curious :)