[pacman-dev] pacman and maintainers

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:48:10 EDT 2007

2007/10/16, Mateusz Jedrasik <m.jedrasik at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I think it should be/would be nice if pacman could show who is the current
> maintainer of a particular package.
>
> It would make it a lot easier to contact them in case something is broken, not
> updated, or so.
>
> Currently one has to go to the lenghts of seeing cvsweb, downloading PKGBUILD,
> and searching for the maintainer in there, often (sometimes at least) ones
> who are no longer active.

Absolutely wrong.
# Maintainer comments in PKGBUILDs are often outdated.
And when package change maintainership they are not changed anyway,
until next package rebuild which often doesn't happen soon.
The most correct way to know who's maintainer is package list on our website.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)