[pacman-dev] pacman and maintainers

Scott Horowitz stonecrest at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:35:16 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Better suggestion - add a namcap rule that yells if the PACKAGER isn't
> > set for a package, then we have all that stuff already in place.
>
> Wow, I completely forgot about the packager field already there. Good call.

IMO, this still isn't sufficient. Often devs update someone else's
package (and don't change their PACKAGER line). For example:

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/search/?q=sonata
vs.
http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/multimedia/sonata/?cvsroot=Extra&only_with_tag=CURRENT

Didn't mean to pick out Dan there, just knew that one offhand ;) But
looking at the last cvs commit seems like the "correct" way to find
the current maintainer at the moment.

Scott