[pacman-dev] scritplet output logging removed?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:41:07 EDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just saw this was removed by commit ad691001e :
> "Remove scriptlet START and DONE commands that we don't use"
>
> Since the comment doesn't mention the logging, I just want to make sure this
> was intended and not overlooked.

Hmm, another good catch. It looks like I did remove the logging
unintentionally. I guess we need to incorporate that back in.

HOWEVER, I'd like to hear opinions on this. I always thought it was a
dirty hack to throw this stuff to pacman.log, which previously was a
very clean and machine-parseable log file. Its now a big steaming pile
of crap, in my opinion. I propose that we log these messages to a
separate file, with some date stamps incorporated. Any objections?