[pacman-dev] bsd port?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:40:56 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Mateusz Jedrasik <m.jedrasik at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried it some time ago, didn't get too far as I couldn't sort of be arsed
> too much ;-) But now that I see someone else's tried removing the linuxisms
> off of pacman's files, I might give it a go, time permits.

See, here's the thing. I know this is true of myself, and I don't
speak for Dan. But most of "us" linux users don't really know what IS
and IS NOT a "linuxism".

So comments like Xavier showed us... "cut the bashism crap" and the
like couldn't be more useless.

The best thing that can be done is actually pointing out SPECIFIC
"linuxisms" so we:
a) Know what is and is not a linuxism
b) Don't repeat it again
c) Can fix the code.