[pacman-dev] bsd port?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Oct 24 17:59:30 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:37:37PM -0500, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the record:
> http://code.toofishes.net/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman.git;a=shortlog;h=freebsd
>
> He was working with Eliott to get this at least compiling. It saddens
> me to know that someone may have already done this work, yet we still
> need to duplicate it.

for the record once ([1]) pacman-g2 was ported to both maxosx and openbsd, and
we merged those patches but then the guy who did it disappered so i have
no idea if the current pacman-g2 compiles/runs on those platforms or
not. oh and once i needed libalpm on solaris.. the story is the same.
([2])

just in case somebody is interested in these tricks, maybe it can save
some time compared to starting from scratch :)

1. http://git.frugalware.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman-g2.git;a=blob;f=NEWS#l208
2. http://git.frugalware.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman-g2.git;a=blob;f=NEWS#l149

- VMiklos