[pacman-dev] [patch] testdb, reworked

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sat Oct 27 12:26:21 EDT 2007

I said -Qtt (but probably that was too late);-):
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-September/009252.html
> Hm, now I remember that Dan didn't like how the old -Qt option was
> written in libalpm, maybe because the lib shouldn't return the
> error/warning message as strings or list of strings. Or something in
> this spirit, I don't really remember..
Indeed, it shouldn't return with anything. It simply should use
_alpm_log.
Whatever we decide, these things should be fixed. But we should make a
decision first. Then I (or Xavier? ;-) will implement it. As
Xavier said, if we stay with the external testdb, we can create a copy
of the requiredby lists and then sort that. (But that is needless,
because sorted requiredby list doesn't hurt anything.)
One more thing, that you won't like: If I hadn't read alpm_list_msort's
source, then I wouldn't have found this bug, so at least the comment
before alpm_list_msort should mention that it will sort the list "in
place" and it won't create a new (sorted) list. Maybe I should know
mergesort algorithm better ;-)
Bye, ngaba