[pacman-dev] [tur-users] A Note about Groups

Jeff 'codemac' Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 28 14:19:58 EDT 2007

* On Sunday, October 28 2007, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino wrote:

>On Mon 2007-10-22 11:21 , Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> This is just a note for all of you guys.
>> Please DO NOT stick community packages in official groups. This is
>> ESPECIALLY important for the base and base-devel groups.
>> [...]
>
>So we can't use, say "vim-plugins' ?

That's exactly what I was thinking... I think the stance should be DO NOT
put community packages in official groups unless we developers know about
it.  There are some very "crucial" groups that should not be messed with as
the selinux packages make proof of, but why can't packages in [community]
be part of something like vim-pulgins?

I think this is actually a design flaw in how pacman handles repositories.
I think groups should not span repositories.  But maybe this is a
discussion for the pacman-dev list.

Cc'd!

    //  jeff
--