[pacman-dev] Strange dependence

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:13:23 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 07:42:18PM +0200, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > It's a known 3.0 bug, fixed in 3.1.
> > But why fixing a broken entry if you are going to remove it anyway?
> > Just do pacman -Rd xorg.
> As I see, in pacman 3.1 "-R xorg" will remove xorg with that broken requiredby
> field too.

Ah yes, seems like your changes to checkdeps also handle this case better.

Anyway, looks like this xorg meta package has now been replaced by a xorg
group in testing, as many people asked.
So it was rather weird, I had both a xorg group and a xorg metapackage,
and I had to remove all packages from xorg group first before being able to
remove the xorg package.

Seems like the pacman_remove function in src/pacman/remove.c may be too basic :
it first checks if the target is a group, otherwise it considers it as a package.
It can't be both in the same time.

But I'm not sure yet what should be pacman's behavior in this case..