[pacman-dev] [PATH] New Rg option

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Tue Sep 11 10:22:05 EDT 2007

> That's probably a good idea, I made a patch for it.
> pacman -R xorg will only try to remove the xorg package,
> pacman -Rg xorg will only try to remove the xorg group.
I must mention a backward:
-if the user wants to remove one group and one package with one command, he
cannot do that (however, this is a rare, and this is a _front-end_ problem)

In my opinion we should implement both -Sg and -Rg or neither of them. (-Sg now
lists the group members, after this we could pick the question to the user: "Do
you want to install the whole group?" [yes/no/quit] or we should rename the
current -Sg to -Si or to -Sig)

Bye, ngaba