[pacman-dev] some limitations of the current front-end, new -D option

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Thu Sep 13 09:58:26 EDT 2007

> sure, it's a matter of taste. to me, the reason EXPLICIT means i
> installed the package explicitly at least once, so i know that package.
> maybe it means something else for others (like some users always do a
> -Sd instead of -S..)
Your version is also reasonable (this is the "importance viewpoint", I discussed
about something similar here:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-September/009274.html).
Then did you also change the behaviour of -U?

Both solutions can be acceptable for me, but the implemented one should be
consistent (but the current one is not:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-September/009271.html)

Bye, ngaba