[pacman-dev] pacman 3.1 release ?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:29:13 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:41:50AM +0200, Nagy Gabor wrote:

> > There are several bugs fixed in 3.1 (mostly fix from Nagy), ...
>
> Well, I suggest rewriting _alpm_sync_prepare as soon as possible. You needn't
> apply my patch, but the current version is buggy and messy.
> Without going into details:
> -sync1003.py: you need a more clever checkdeps.
> -alpm_checkdeps is called in the beginning of the function, THEN some
> hard-to-understand manipulations are done in the target list to resolve
> conflicts, and (upgrade) dependencies are not checked again!

But the manipulations done there mostly cause the removal of packages.
There may be a particular case where it fails, but I don't really know.

> -removing a package from target list may induce a new conflict (for example: the
> old version conflicted, but we assumed that it will be upgraded to a
> non-conflicting one; but after we removed the upgrade-package, we got the
> conflict again)

That case looks a bit odd, but well, I tried to write a pactest for it,
but couldn't reproduce this exact situation?

> You can create pactest files to test these.
> (IIRC, my patches solve all the problems above.)

But who can? Apparently not me, at least :)