[pacman-dev] [GIT] pacman branch, master now at v3.0.0-410-g7325ebb

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:46:30 EDT 2007

On 9/18/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/18/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As a developer, I figure everyone can get asciidoc installed in order
> > to build the manpages. If not...well if you can come up with a patch
> > that still satisfies the above requirements, then I'll take it (some
> > sort of patch that doesn't fail if targets in doc/ can't be built).
>
> Ah, asciidoc. It's so cool once it's all built, but I always had
> problems getting it working. But I think that was on dreamhost and
> maybe perl related...
>
> Thankfully, Dan has this in [community] so we need not be afeared!

Yeah. Let me know if things aren't working correctly. I could move
asciidoc to extra but didn't see the need right now. The docbook-xsl
package was broken for a bit, but seems to be working now.

The big advantage this gives us is much more user-friendly editing of
the manpages, much better HTML output (with linking between them), and
the ability to do some macros and such that aren't from the 1970s.

Now we just need someone to volunteer to keep these bad boys up to
date. :) Patches always welcome.