[pacman-dev] asciidoc

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:10:31 EDT 2007

Eeek, I don't know which thread to reply to! Let's go with the new one. 8)

On 9/18/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The big advantage this gives us is much more user-friendly editing of
> > the manpages, much better HTML output (with linking between them), and
> > the ability to do some macros and such that aren't from the 1970s.

I couldn't agree more with Dan here. Asciidoc documentation is a great
boon, BUT asciidoc is a big nasty mess of an app. Still, nroff code
can't be much prettier.

> On this subject, an user recently wanted to get informations fron the current
> HTML manpages, but they seem a bit outdated :
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch/2007-September/015447.html
> But if they are going to be both updated and improved for 3.1 , its probably
> fine :)
>
> Also archlinux.org/pacman could be updated for 3.0.6 .

I marked this, I will try and get to it tonight, but I won't be
getting home for some time.