[pacman-dev] makepkg patch to create $pkgname-docs package for docs

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:54:57 EDT 2007

On 4/24/07, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino <themolok.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch wasn't really intended for an immediately inclusion, but to
> open a discussion on the idea.
> Thanks for your suggestions.

Bringing this back up before things got WELL offtrack.

I understand that we, Archlinux, have a position of docs and inclusion
in packages, but that doesn't mean that pacman and makepkg must have
the same position.

I think this _IDEA_ is sound. But it's too general. There are 2 sets
of patches on the bug tracker w.r.t. splitting packages.

Is there any way, Alessio, that you could look at those and possibly
make this more general?

I think a "split package" solution is definitely needs - the ability
to build more than one package at once from the same build file and
potentially same/similar source. This case (docs as a separate
package) falls into that realm.

Opinions?

- Aaron