[pacman-dev] Future pacman development (3.2/4.0)

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Wed Sep 19 07:53:10 EDT 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:42:42 -0500
"Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bringing this back up (don't want any in-fighting here guys).
>
> On 8/31/07, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > So, my points are:
> >
> > 1) Backend configuration should be split into a different file from
> > frontend configuration.
> > 2) A library outside libalpm should be responsible for parsing, at
> > least, the backend configuration file and feeding that into
> > libaplm, to maximize code re-use.
> >
> > Please comment and help me flesh this out - I think we're on the
> > right track here.  If we can get a solid idea of what would be the
> > best way to handle this, I'll start hacking it together.
>
> Travis, what's the status on this? I'm still really on the fence about
> this - both sides have very strong points, and I really don't know
> where to go with it....

I finished the "library outside libalpm" which I called libalpm_config
- I based it off a SAX parser, kind-of - and threw a git repo in my
public_html folder on al.org with the branch - Dan grabbed that as a
remote repo, but I don't think he's done anything with it since.

http://www.archlinux.org/~travis/git/pacman.git  is the repo.  Don't
have any fancy web-git set up for it tho.

--
Travis