[pacman-dev] support of optional dependencies

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sat Sep 22 05:39:56 EDT 2007

I like the idea, but many users like the current no-interactive pacman (libalpm)
behaviour; and asking user whether he wants to install optdepends (or select
some of them to install) can lead huge number of questions.
So I like the current method; but that would be nice, if we could easily list
optdepends, indeed. A new list_optdepends function in install script may help,
which can be called after package install on request, too.
Bye, ngaba