[pacman-dev] naming packages and groups

Walter Barnes walter_barnes05 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 01:26:13 EDT 2007

Hello,

How do I specify multiple group names in PKGBUILD? The use of parenthesis for the group variable suggests a list of strings but looking at the PKGBUILDs for some of the Arch Linux packages I notice those in the devel directory (category?) are in the 'base-devel' group.

Does that identify a single group named 'base-devel' or two separate groups, 'base' and 'devel'? If it's two groups why one string instead of a list? If one string contains multiple identifiers that implies pacman tries for at least a partial match; does it do a partial match for package names too?

Thanks,
Walter