[pacman-dev] fglrx-utils preferred over libgl-dri

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Thu Sep 27 09:58:42 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I was just about to upgrade oxine and it used to only depend on
xine-lib. xine-lib pulls a great deal of xorg stuff but then one strange
thing happened. pacman felt like fglrx-utils would be the right package
to pull to fulfill the requirement of 'libgl' on the system.

Now I would like to not have that, what would happen if I were to go and
change pkgname of libgl-dri to just libgl since Jan dropped libgl-mesa
long ago? Pacman should prefer the real pkgname over provides, right?

Cheers,

-J