[pacman-dev] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.0

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 14:26:31 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>> CC'ing my issue here originally posted on arch-dev-public:
>>
>> I'm getting errors pacman not able to fetch packages from my local
>> mirror with -Syu or packages cannot be found in the db when using
>> -Ss foo. This seems to get fixed with running once -Syy. Whatever the
>> reason is.
>>

>> changing to
>> XferCommand = /usr/bin/wget --passive-ftp -c -O %o %u
>> seems to fix it.
>

> The "Command okay" part is certainly interesting. Looks like
> libdownload may be returning a non-zero success code? I'm not sure.

What really bothers me here is that it looks like a libdownload issue,
yet it is reported as a pacman 3.2.0 regression. And libdownload has
not changed for ages.
So is that issue really reproducible without problems with 3.2.0, and
when you go back to 3.1.4, everything works perfectly fine again?
This is so odd :/
Are you sure it could not have been caused by another change, like a
change in the ftp server, or some network settings, or whatever?