[pacman-dev] makepkg: package splitting

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 7 21:35:41 EST 2008

I have finished implementing the basics of package splitting in
makepkg.  Everything works as expected when just making packages and
capturing logs but there is some small output issues that need tidying
up and checking that other functionality work (e.g. repackaging is an
issue....)

Anyway you can see the work on my "splitpkg" branch:
http://dev.archlinux.org/~allan/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/splitpkg

For your interest, I have attached the same package written in three
different ways to show you what makepkg can now do:

PKGBUILD.1 - Traditional build
PKGBUILD.2 - Splitting the packaging step from build step.  Limits
fakeroot usage
PKGBUILD.3 - Package splitting