[pacman-dev] makepkg: package splitting

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 23 00:44:24 EST 2008

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann GmbH ] wrote:
>>
>>> Am Montag, den 15.12.2008, 21:43 +1000 schrieb Allan McRae:
>>>  Nice, i'll test and report back...
>>> Is there any schedule on when it will be merged to mainline?
>>>

>> The current schedule is when I tell Dan it ready...  I want to add
>> documentation and clean up some of the output with the package splitting but
>> otherwise I am happy with it now.  So, the answer is "soonish".
>>

> Yay. I'm hoping for a Christmas present 8)

Well, I have decided the implementation is stable enough now and any
further issues/polishing can be done on the master branch.  I have
pulled all the package splitting work on to my working branch ready for
Dan to pull to mainline.

I have made a makepkg-git package which can be installed alongside
makepkg from pacman.  I will post it later so people can test out
package splitting and the other new features.

Allan