[pacman-dev] Aqpm, and some help needed
drf54321 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 14:28:27 EST 2008
On Saturday 27 December 2008 19:29:31 Xavier wrote:
> In answer to http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=61794 :
> You were not ignored, it is just that you mentioned this error to us
> in the past :
> The conclusion seemed to be that the bug was not in libalpm and that
> you would find the error yourself. Apparently this was not the case :)
Thanks for the answer. I apologize for such an irruent reaction anyway,
realized that just after the post, so sorry once again.
> I am completely clueless about what could go wrong there. I had a look
> several times at your code and never saw anything wrong. Though I
> never did more than reading the code. Also you said that alpm
> apparently gives the correct value, so it seems there is not much we
> can do from our side. But then I have no idea how it could get lost...
What I can try to do is attach gdb and see what happens to that value.
> Do you have this problem on both architectures? 686 and x86_64?
> Also you could maybe try to play with different types on the libalpm
> level. changing off_t to size_t or things like that.
I'll surely try this now.
> One funny thing I noticed is that the call is the following :
> handle->dlcb(filename, dl_thisfile, ust.size);
> with dl_thisfile size_t and ust.size off_t
> and the type of the function is this :
> typedef void (*alpm_cb_download)(const char *filename,
> off_t xfered, off_t total);
> So we have a type mismatch for the xfered parameter, but not for the
> total parameter. Yet you only have problems with total :P So it is
> probably not the problem, but it is still something worth playing
I really didn't notice that... it definitely could be. I'll try again and
report as soon as I find out something.
> pacman-dev mailing list
> pacman-dev at archlinux.org
More information about the pacman-dev