[pacman-dev] AUR pacman package fixes bug 9395 - comments?

Bryan Ischo bji-keyword-pacman.3644cb at www.ischo.com
Tue Dec 30 19:13:36 EST 2008

Loui Chang wrote:
>>  The AUR package that I have created is at:
>>  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11182
>>

> Hey Bryan,
> Unsupported packages should not share the same name as official
> packages, so I've deleted it.
>
> There'd be no problem if you called it 'pacman-ischo' or something, to
> denote that it's your fork of pacman.
>
> Also, it's a good idea to include your patch on the list so it may be
> discussed.

Hi.  Sorry about the invalid package I submitted to AUR, it was my first
package submission and I did not realize the many ways in which it
violates AUR policy :)  I agree that the best way is for me to change
the name of the package, and I will re-submit a changed package to AUR
(my purpose being to allow end-users to test my change easily).

I just got the git sources for pacman, and have applied my patch to it,
which succeeded on the source/header files but failed miserably on many
other files that are apparently specific to the release version of the
source.  I will re-work my patch to fit properly into the git version of
the source, and to include all documentation updates and such, but not
to include changes to the pacman or libalpm versions (I will let a real
developer handle those).  I'm very new to git so I have some reading to
do ...

Thanks!
Bryan