[pacman-dev] Fwd: [BUG] chk_filedifference is buggy!!

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon Feb 11 09:34:34 EST 2008

Part II [the real problem].

----- Továbbított levél Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu> címről -----
   Dátum: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:40:42 +0100
  Feladó: Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu>
Viszontválasz cím: Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu>
Tartalom: [BUG] chk_filedifference is buggy!!
 Címzett: Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>

Hi!

This is the next part of my previous e-mail.
After some investigation I figured out that chk_filedifference is the reason
of the bug:
The different pB==NULL handling is a good indicator of the bug (which is
totally needless in bugfree chk_filedifference): almost the same happens here.
The problem is the "while(pA && pB)"; if we reach the end of pB first, then
the remaining pA is cut down...
As an illustration I attached an other failing pactest file, which also
demonstrates this clearly (and tests a now not checked case).

Bye
----- Vége a továbbított üzenetnek -----

SZTE Egyetemi Könyvtár - http://www.bibl.u-szeged.hu