[pacman-dev] How can I upload my translation?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:05:46 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:10:01PM +0800, gan lu wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2008 7:30 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Did you fully translate pacman.pot? Do you plan to do libalpm too?
> >
> pacman.pot has been fully translated, libalpm will be the next one.

There were quite a few errors, but all easy to fix (missing headers, and
missing trailing newlines).
You can compile the .po file yourself with :
/usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o zh_CN.gmo zh_CN.po
to check the errors.

Just in case, I am attaching the updated .po file with the trivial changes I
made (you can diff both .po files to check them).

A little question, is this made on purpose? :
··-y,·--refresh········从服务器下载更新的软件包数据库\n

You have dots everywhere instead of spaces. I don't even know how to type
this character :) I often see them in many editors, to help seeing the spaces,
but it's only done at display, they are usually not written in the text
itself.

Finally, how much time do you need for translating libalpm?
We originally wanted to release 3.1.2 this week-end, but there was no hurry,
so we delayed it a bit for russian and polish translations, which are now 100%
complete.