[pacman-dev] pacman-contrib package

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 08:19:10 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>  > Hi everyone,
>  >
>  > With the release of pacman 3.1.2 I was reminded to get around to putting
>  > a pacman-contrib package into AUR/community like I said I would [1].  I
>  > have categorized the files in the contrib directory below.
>  >
>  > Utilities:
>  >   pacdiff
>  >   pacsearch
I can't remember if any updates are needed to pacsearch, or if I made
any. I will try to look sometime and check them in if we do.

>  >   re-pacman (needs some updates? [2])
>
>  Well, I already didn't like this script in the first place, I found the
>  idea ugly.
Not the biggest fan either, but might as well include it if it works.
Sounds like it needs some patching though.

>  >   wget-xdelta.sh
>  >

>  We don't need this anymore in the git repo, do we?
I think this can probably go.

>  > vim:
>  >   PKGBUILD.vim
>
>  That looks interesting for detecting some stupid errors / typos in
>  PKGBUILDs. The colors are still nearly the same as in sh, except that it
>  highlights the errors it finds in PKGBUILD fields.
I like this file a lot, I currently have it dropped in my
~/.vim/syntax/ folder. Note that when you install this, you will want
to create a ftdetect/PKGBUILD.vim file as well:
$ cat /home/dmcgee/.vim/ftdetect/PKGBUILD.vim
au BufNewFile,BufRead PKGBUILD set filetype=PKGBUILD

If someone is better with vim syntax files, there are a few things
that could use doing here, but overall it works well.