[pacman-dev] %REPLACES% doesn't appear in localdb

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Thu Jan 3 08:46:26 EST 2008

Hi!
See _alpm_db_write in libalpm/be_files.c:
-------------------------
702                 if(!local) {
703                         if(info->replaces) {
704                                 fputs("%REPLACES%\n", fp);
705                                 for(lp = info->replaces; lp; lp = lp->next) {
706                                         fprintf(fp, "%s\n", (char *)lp->data);
707                                 }
708                                 fprintf(fp, "\n");
709                         }
So %REPLACES% field is not recorded to local db.
I know, that we don't need that field, but then we should remove 'replaces'
listing from -Qi. Since we have some other not needed but interesting infos in
local db (packager, optdepend etc.) I vote for remove that if(!local) line instead.

Anyway, is there any case where local != 0?

Bye