[pacman-dev] [abs] Proto files and Makeworld

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:52:34 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 12:29 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> The community abs tree (/var/abs/community) has some proto files for SCM
> PKGBUILDs and rc script. Perhaps we should put all these proto files in
> one location (/var/abs or /usr/share)

Great idea.

How about this:

* We take all these proto files that are deemed "useful" and stick
them in the abs tree. This might end up being like 10 or so.
* The abs package installs them all to /usr/share/abs or
/usr/share/pacman/prototypes or something
* We post a mini-announcement about this, for completeness

Additionally, I said "lets just keep them in the abs CVS for right
now" but after talking to cactus, I'd say - if everyone is fine with
"spreading the word" here, we can kill those off two - I am impartial,
I was just leaning towards the less work / less confusion route.