[pacman-dev] Status Update for release

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 22:24:26 EST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 9:18 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 7:30 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Travis- I'll send you more details soon so we can get a corresponding
> > abs package release together.
>
> Just an FYI - I'll be releasing this ABS as the old 'cvsup' version -
> I haven't had time to really play with the rsync implementation yet,
> and since the cvsup version works at current, we'll just run with it
> so we can get the new pacman out the door.

Fine with me. The whole idea here was to decouple first, and then
develop later. Might as well keep what works, even if not perfectly
ideal.

> I've got the proto files in my local branch for ABS, and I'll be
> pushing them to projects.archlinux.org soon.  After that, it's ready
> for release in its current form.

Cool. Feel free to push it off to testing whenever you want. Can
someone create a ftp directory called other/abs perhaps? That might
make more sense than grouping it under pacman/.