[pacman-dev] [abs] Proto files and Makeworld

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Mon Jan 7 12:39:42 EST 2008

On 1/7/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 4:53 PM, eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> wrote:
> > Keep in mind that with the way gerolde is setup, /home has lots of
> > space, while some of the other mount points do not. :/
> >
> > Do a df -h to see what i mean.
>
> Not to get bogged down in semantics and all that, but /srv/ is nice
> for this stuff, and the "correct" place according to the FHS.
>
> Maybe we could do a /srv/abs -> /home/abs link due to size constraints?

I would rather not have symlinks laying around just to underhandedly
maintain the FHS spec on our server.
If the size of a full abs checkout isn't too large, we can just slap
it under /srv/abs and keep an eye on it.

Maybe you could do a test on it travis, before we roll out an
implementation, to see how much space is used for a full checkout of
all the repos?