[pacman-dev] Status Update for release

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:53:39 EST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 9:18 PM, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 7:30 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Travis- I'll send you more details soon so we can get a corresponding
> > abs package release together.
>
> Just an FYI - I'll be releasing this ABS as the old 'cvsup' version -
> I haven't had time to really play with the rsync implementation yet,
> and since the cvsup version works at current, we'll just run with it
> so we can get the new pacman out the door.
>
> I've got the proto files in my local branch for ABS, and I'll be
> pushing them to projects.archlinux.org soon.  After that, it's ready
> for release in its current form.

Final update of pacman-git tonight so it can be installed side-by-side
with testing/abs. PLEASE report anything, otherwise source tarball
release happens tomorrow.

Slight updates to the webpage too: http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/,
and notably to the translation-help file. I'll be looking for a
translation lieutenant/coordinator for the next release (described in
the document), so if anyone is interested, please send me an email.
I'd like this to be someone who knows enough about GIT that they will
be able to manage the inflow of a mix of patches and PO files, publish
a git repository somewhere (if need be, I can provide space), and
allow me to merge translations from their tree when necessary (just
before a release).