[pacman-dev] Maybe some problems with pacman-git

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:04:53 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 3:44 AM, Karolina Lindqvist
<karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se> wrote:
> I have a patch-file that I apply to makepkg in pacman-git, with some problems
> and enhancement. I made a new diff with the current version, and this is
> possible problem areas. Since I have more "feature" patches, I have tried to
> extract just the problems, in case someone think that the fix might be
> valuable. All proper UNIFIED diff patch snippets are for makepkg.sh.in
>
> BUG: When pacman recurses, and the --asroot option is given it fails to
> propagate --asroot to the inner pacman.
> The second part of the patch is that the correct options are not propagated to
> a recursing makepkg. I think this is primarily --noconfirm
> and --noprogressbar

> BUG: Pacman fails to work properly with --asroot, and when it recalls itself,
> on some particular packages.

These are the two issues I can see being important. As Xavier said,
the --asroot option probably hasn't been tested much, so maybe we
should look into this. If I get a chance I'll be sure to check this
out before I release tonight. Of course I'd appreciate anyone else
looking into it as well.