[pacman-dev] Some undocumented things

Nathan Jones nathanj at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 8 14:09:02 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:04:40PM -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2008 11:48 AM, Nathan Jones <nathanj at insightbb.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 05:55:30PM +0100, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > > 1. I did a quick compare between _parseconfig and pacman.conf
> > > manual, I found
> >
> > > -UseColor
> >
> > Currently doesn't do anything; no need to document it either.
> >
> > > -UpgradeDelay
> >
> > Never noticed that one before, had to look through the code to see
> > what it did. It's actually a pretty neat feature.
>
> Not sure if this actually works, thats my only concern. I've never
> tested it.

Looks like it doesn't work :) The problem seems to be that pkg->date is
never set anywhere (this is actually the only function that references
it). I think changing it to pkg->builddate will work.

int _alpm_pkg_istoonew(pmpkg_t *pkg)
{
	time_t t;

	ALPM_LOG_FUNC;

	if (!handle->upgradedelay)
		return 0;
	time(&t);
	return((pkg->date + handle->upgradedelay) > t);
}