[pacman-dev] Some undocumented things

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:05:38 EST 2008

Nathan Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:16:52PM +0100, Xavier wrote:
>> Dan McGee wrote:
>>> This seems like a feature introduced to solve a problem the wrong way.
>>> If people didn't release broken packages, this really wouldn't be
>>> necessary.
>>>
>>> Any reason not to just kill it completely?
>>>
>> No, as Nathan said, it's broken. And I think it's not possible to fix it
>> with the current sync dbs, so we might as well remove it.
>> And the implementation is rather simple anyway.
>
> My test repo and community has the BUILDDATE field in it, but core and
> extra do not.

Oops, yes you're right, I'm just blind. I just saw it wasn't there in
core / extra. Then I checked the repo-add script, and I didn't find the
BUILDDATE field... But yes, it's there indeed.
And community does have that field. So it works alright with community
repo (after the date -> builddate change).

But anyway, I think I agree with Dan finally, this feature might be a
bit wrong.