[pacman-dev] %REPLACES% doesn't appear in localdb

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Jan 9 07:22:05 EST 2008

Idézés Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> On Jan 8, 2008 5:30 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 'replaces'
> infos in
> line instead.
> > >
> > > I wondered about the same thing for a while.
> > >
> > > I see no reason to keep it out of the local DB, it's rarely used anyway.
> Dan?
> > >

> > Status on this? I couldn't found anything about this in git log.
>
> I want to wait until 3.1.1 so it can get sufficient testing. Although
> I think the exclusion is weird, I'm not sure how our code will handle
> it on complicated upgrades as no one has produced a pactest yet to
> test such things.
>
> -Dan

We don't want to exclude it, we want to add it to localdb instead. Since
%REPLACES% is not there now, it will be just an extra unused but informative(?)
field like %PACKAGER%.
I wanted to exclude it from -Qi listing only, if you choose not to store the
%REPLACES% information in localdb (because then we always get "Replaces: None"
false report, like now).

Bye, ngaba