[pacman-dev] Maybe some problems with pacman-git

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:00:34 EST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 10:58 AM, Karolina Lindqvist
<karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se> wrote:
> onsdag 09 januari 2008 skrev Aaron Griffin:
>
> > Actually, I'd prefer if the symbols were NOT in klibc. Being that this
> > is early-userspace, we want to minimize the size and decompression
> > overhead as the entire rest of the system is waiting for this to
> > complete.
> >
> > Assuming this is a corner case, could we set things up such that
> > options=(strip) forces the strip?
>
> The symbols are needed for building of klibc-extras, klibc-udev and I think,
> also klibc-module-init-tools.

I think you missed the point here, Aaron. It is hard to compile
anything against a shared lib if it has *no symbols at all*. Actually
impossible as far as I know...

And options=(strip) would already force the strip, and that is the
makepkg.conf default anyway.