[pacman-dev] PKGBUILD and install file drafts for release

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:39:43 EST 2008

On Dec 21, 2007 5:06 PM, Nathan Jones <nathanj at insightbb.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 03:39:00PM +0100, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > > Attached. I'd appreciate people looking them over and offering
> > > comments and/or fixes.
> > >
> > > -Dan
> >
> > Well, as I see "make install" doesn't install contrib files
> > (my favourite re-pacman for example <- which is a bit outdated now). Is
> > this OK?
>
> This could cause conflicts if the user has already copied the files over
> from previous releases. With that being said, I would like contrib files
> to be installed as well. Here's some install lines that may or not be
> useful if this is decided:
>
> echo "au BufRead,BufNewFile PKGBUILD set ft=pkgbuild" > $startdir/pkg/usr/share/vim/ftdetect/pkgbuild.vim
> install -D -m644 contrib/PKGBUILD.vim $startdir/pkg/usr/share/vim/syntax/pkgbuild.vim
>
> install -D -m644 contrib/bash_completion $startdir/pkg/etc/bash_completion.d/pacman
> install -D -m644 contrib/zsh_completion $startdir/pkg/usr/share/zsh/site-functions/_pacman
>
> install -D -m755 contrib/pacdiff $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/pacdiff
> install -D -m755 contrib/pacsearch $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/pacsearch
> install -D -m755 contrib/re-pacman $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/re-pacman

Although I think it would be good to install a lot of these, I'm going
to hold off for at least 3.1.0. However, they are included in the
tarball so this can change with even a pkgrel bump.

The proto files are going to be installed however, as well as the two
completion files.

If there is more interest, I'd be glad to install the rest. Maybe a
forum post would suffice to gauge it, if anyone wants to do that.