[pacman-dev] Conf file mis-configuration by users

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Fri Jan 11 11:21:56 EST 2008

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=315809#p315809

I see this happening all the time - people want to enable a repo, ONLY
uncomment the Include line, then complain when it doesn't work.  I
know it's PEBKAC, but can anyone think of a way we could change the
conf file to decrease the amount of times this happens?

Will an additional comment actually help?  Is there a better way to
get this point across, say reorganization of the file?

I'd make a patch for the conf file with a super comment warning
against this, but I noticed all repo configuration was removed from
pacman.conf in the pacman.git repo - maybe this discussion doesn't
even belong on the pacman-dev list anymore?  :P