[pacman-dev] Restore .pacsave file if present - WORK IN PROGRESS

Allan McRae allan.mcrae at qimr.edu.au
Sun Jan 13 07:48:02 EST 2008

Hi,

In continuing to misjudge what would be an easy bug to fix I had an
attempt at FS#8645 - Restore pacsaves on install [1]. The attached patch
is a definite work in progress.

I have two queries:
1) Would it be better to notify the user of the restore or to query
them.  Either way they will get a notification about the new file being
installed to .pacsave.  I'm leaning on query here because that would
allow the user to stop really old files being restored.

2) Should I worry about the case where a file used to be backed up but
is not now.  This seems an edge case but would result in the file being
restored then overwritten (I think.... I need to look at that further).

Cheers,
Allan

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8645