[pacman-dev] [translation] libalpm spanish

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 09:08:51 EST 2008

Juan Pablo González T. wrote:
> hi! i was talking with Matthias Gorissen, he told me
> about the unupdated translation of pacman. well. this
> mail is for send you an updated spanish translation for
> libalpm.
> We are working on the pacman translation. But we have
> one question about the dates.
> what is the limit date to send you the translation?
> greetings!

We should get a release as fast as possible due to our delicate position
with bug 9171. We told packagers to update their packages with versioned
provisions, but we had to change the syntax of versioned provisions
because it didn't work correctly.
So a few packagers need pacman 3.1.1 in order to fix their packages and
have all dependencies work correctly again. Many users are complaining
every day about kdemod or cairo-lcd being broken..

I am not the one to decide, but I think if you can't make it in time, we
could make another 3.1.2 release for these translations. So no big deal.
Another note, the first part of the pacman translation is more
important, because this concerns pacman itself. The second part
(beginning at line 1191) is the translation of the scripts.