[pacman-dev] pacman 3.1.0: new repositories=( ... ) syntax

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:00:01 EST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 6:23 PM, Fabiano Furtado Pessoa Coelho
<fusca14 at gmail.com> wrote:
> People,
>
> Pacman 3.1.0 has a new common "mirrorlist" repository structure like
>
> [core]
> # Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
> Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>
> [extra]
> # Add your preferred servers here, they will be used first
> Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>

> Is there a way to change this syntax to this one (like rc.conf) below?
>
> REPOSITORIES=(!testing core extra community !unstable)
>
> I think it will simplify pacman.conf file.

Hm, I'd say no here. The pacman.conf file follows the very simple INI
format, but ALSO allows one to expand a given section by adding severs
above the include.

Do you have a way to do that? Say I wanted to add a Sever = http://foo
to just extra.