[pacman-dev] [arch-dev-public] Filename search for Arch

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sat Jan 26 06:58:52 EST 2008

> Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see what's so horrible
> about including it, aside from the fact it means we need to download
> more meta-info from the repos...
much more meta-info: I guess at least 5-15x size increase in db files
[and memory usage boost with the current pkgcache implementation in
case of "-So"]
However, the implementation is quite trivial, indeed.

I maybe missed something but you mention a webpage search. Is it
implemented already? (Where?) Because I can agree, that query_owner is
needed somewhere for sync repos too (but imho not in pacman):
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=2952

Bye