[pacman-dev] Status of _alpm_find_first_satisfier?

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Jul 2 06:48:30 EDT 2008

Hi!

I would like to ask you about this patch:
http://shining.toofishes.net/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman.git;a=commit;h=aae0f89ebc94b6d1a61257476bd2c8b26cc1b4c8

* I'd like to refactor resolvedeps, and this function would be useful
there. (I think *list param can be input/output list of resolvedeps
like in recursedeps (and kill syncpkg param), and "find_literal"
"find_othersatisfier" parts can be moved to its own function and used
by front-end too...)
* Xavier says that this patch "Address two concerns". One of them
is the memleak caused by current _alpm_find_dep_satisfiers usage (which
returns with a list, but we don't free it), which needs to be fixed
even if this patch will be rejected.

I think that _alpm_find_first_satisfier implementation is a bit
complicated... I would prefer just ~reimplement
_alpm_find_dep_satisfiers instead of calling it (and introducing a new
"wrapper").

Bye