[pacman-dev] Fileconflict error...

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sat Jul 19 09:55:34 EDT 2008

> I ran into this problem 10 seconds before receiving your mail :P
>
> Anyway, if we removed xulrunner-1.9 before installing
> xulrunner-1.9.0.1, this error shouldn't happen, because the files in
> these directories apparently all belong to xulrunner.
> Otherwise pacman could check for this propriety.

Yes. We should do ~query_fileowner() for all files in that dir
(and recurse to subdirs). For efficiency we should start with oldpkg,
because query_fileowner is not a fast operation (but the situation of
this thread is not common, so the speed is not so important here).
But this is not so trivial, we could consider NoUpgrade, ".pacsave"
stuffs too (and I may miss something here), if we want to _simulate_ our
transaction perfectly.

Bye